Monday, May 25, 2009

Changes In The Garden Of HipKat

I hate it when so much time passes by and I haven't updated my blog.
I guess life can get to be such a whirlwind and the last few months, as usual, have been no exception.
On the upside, spring is finally here, or has been for a few weeks now, and I'm so happy. I despise the cold with all my being. Truly, I hate it.
So, with the advent of spring, we planted out first ever vegetable garden - with mixed results.
Tomatoes, Broccoli, @ Cauliflower all went in as plants and are thriving. The Broccoli is budding and the Tomatoes are blooming. The Cauliflower looks very good, too.
But the seeds I planted, Carrots, Radishes, different Bell Peppers, Pumpkins and Watermelon all became victims of the torrential downpours we've had, so Saturday,. I reseeded everything, and I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

Something else new, I planted my first ever flower garden in the flower bed in front of the house.
What a mess that was, cleaning and weeding it out, but it looks real nice, and I seeded it with some amazingly beautiful plants. I wish I could remember all the names, but I really have no idea.

All of this gardening has had me wondering, do plants have consciousness?

No comments: